Maritime Research Alliance: Plotting the course: maritime industry-research collaboration
9. december 2021 kl. 9:00 - 15:45
Over the next decade, the maritime sector is facing several interconnected challenges including green transition, automation, and digitalization. Solutions to these challenges will require increased collaboration between industry stakeholders, universities, research institutions, and maritime academies etc.
On 9 December 2021, the Maritime Research Alliance invites maritime stakeholders and researchers to a one-day conference at Lauritzen Bulkers headquarters on industry-research collaboration in the maritime sector.
The mentioned challenges will affect stakeholders in different parts of the maritime sector in different ways.
The aim of the conference is to investigate how collaboration with maritime research and educational institutions may help turning these specific challenges into opportunities.
At the conference, leading experts from shipping companies, ports, maritime authorities, universities, maritime academies, research centers, NGO’s, and other maritime stakeholders will share their insights on the
specific challenges and opportunities through a mix of presentations and workshop discussions.
Sign up here: https://cbs.nemtilmeld.dk/332/
- 8:30-9:00 Registration and light breakfast
- 9:00-9:10 Welcome by Thomas Roslyng Olesen (Project Manager, Maritime Research Alliance)
- 9:10-9:20 Welcome by Niels Josefsen (CEO, Lauritzen Bulkers)
- 9:20-9:30 Maritime Research Alliance—the fund perspective by Lotte G. Lundberg (Director, the Danish Maritime Fund)
- 9:30-9:50 Keynote 1: Bo Cerup-Simonsen (CEO, Mærsk Center for Zero Carbon Shipping)
- 9:50-10:10 Keynote 2: Andreas Nordseth (Director General, Danish Maritime Authorities)
- 10:10-10:20 Q&A
Session 1: Decarbonization and sustainable ocean economy
- 10:20-10:40 Speaker 1: Andrew Stephens (Executive Director, the Sustainable Shipping Initiative)
- 11:40-11:00 Speaker 2: René Taudal Poulsen (Associate Professor, Copenhagen Business School)
- 11:00-11:10 Q&A
- 11:10 -11:30 Coffee break and networking
Session 2: Digitalization
- 11:30-11:50 Speaker 1: Peter Schrøder (Chief Digital Officer, Mærsk Tankers)
- 11:50-12:10 Speaker 2: Rune Møller Jensen (Associate Professor, IT University Copenhagen)
- 12:10-12:20 Q&A
- 12:20-13:10 Lunch and networking
Session 3: Automation
- 13:10-13:30 Speaker 1 Dennis Kögeböhn (Partner, Hamburg Port Consulting)
- 13:30-13:50 Speaker 2 Stig Eriksen (Assistant Professor, SIMAC)
- 13:50-14:10 Speaker 3 Mogens Blanke (Professor, Technical University of Denmark)
- 14:10-14:20 Q&A
- 14:20-15:10 Breakout sessions: Industry-academia research collaboration
- 15:10-15:30 Presentations by session chairs
- 15:30-15:45 Wrap up by Thomas Roslyng Olesen (Project Manager, Maritime Research Alliance